This Website is open to registrations by those offering placement opportunities directly (i.e. a named business or organisation) or with their members (i.e. a contact point provided for a bilateral business chamber/association).
This Website is not intended for use by third party, for profit internship providers. If You are identified as a third party, for profit internship provider, DFAT reserves the right to decline your registration.
Host Organisations that are registering to use the Website for the first time are
required to acknowledge that they have read and accepted the following terms of
- DFAT administers the New Colombo Plan (NCP) Internship and Mentorship Network
website (Website) to enable organisations (You) to register their interest in hosting
NCP students. Australian universities, NCP students and the Australian Government's
contracted Support Services Organisation will be able to access the internship/mentorship
opportunities (Opportunities) You make available via the Website.
- DFAT does not arrange individual internships/mentorships. Students or universities
interested in an Opportunity offered by You will contact Your nominated contact
- The arrangements for a specific internship/mentorship are settled directly between
You and the accepting student and their university.
- You will retain ownership of any intellectual property rights which subsist in
material submitted to the Website. By submitting material to the Website, with the
exception of Your logo, You agree to provide a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0
Australia licence of the Intellectual Property to the material submitted. Details
of the relevant licence conditions are available on the Creative Commons website
as is the full legal code for the
Creative Commons BY 3.0 AU licence.
- By submitting Your logo to the Website, You grant DFAT the right to publish the
logo on the Website. If You do not wish to submit Your logo, the NCP logo will appear
in its place.
- Opportunities which You submit via the Website will be processed by DFAT prior
to publication on the Website.
- DFAT is not responsible for, and accepts no liability arising from:
- the accuracy, currency or completeness of any material on the Website;
- the specific arrangements You may make with students/universities for an internship/mentorship
or other opportunities; or
- the conduct of students during or connected with an internship/mentorship with
- The Website enables students and universities which are registered users of the
Website to email Opportunities to permitted users who are not registered
users. This may include universities emailing Opportunities to Australian undergraduate
students participating in NCP projects or academics involved in NCP-funded mobility
projects. Whilst DFAT will request universities and students to ensure that Opportunities
are only shared with appropriate third parties, DFAT cannot ensure that this will
- The personal information that You submit via this Website is collected for the
purposes of administering the Website and for administering and promoting the New
Colombo Plan (NCP).
- DFAT will use and disclose this personal information in order to facilitate
information exchange on Opportunities. The information will be published on the
Website for access by Australian universities and their NCP students, by Australian
Government officials working in Australia and overseas, and by third parties contracted
by the Australian Government to assist with the implementation of the NCP. The information
may also be used to promote the NCP or future Opportunities. DFAT will not otherwise
disclose this personal information, unless authorised by Australian law.
how You can access and seek to correct Your personal information and how to make
a privacy complaint.
- You acknowledge that you are aware and consent to Your information being shared
to permitted user or non-registered users. DFAT requires other parties
to share the information appropriately but DFAT has no control over and accepts
no liability in regards to the sharing.
- You must not publicly describe Yourself (the Host Organisation) as being endorsed
by DFAT to provide New Colombo Plan internships/mentorships.
- DFAT reserves the right to cancel or suspend Your registration to use the Website
at any time without prior notice.